The amazing Spectre® RMX fly rods incorporates the very latest American Tackle Microwave stripper guides for the ultimate line control performance.
Snowbee was the first UK company to incorporate American Tackle's Microwave Guide system into a range of spinning rods back in 2014. The resulting line control was nothing short of spectacular... and got us thinking whether the same technology could be applied to fly rods. Having worked closely with American Tackle since those early days, the new Microwave Fly Rod Guides were finally launched in 2019.
- 4-Piece Rod
- The fine profile blanks use predominately 40-ton carbon fiber, blended with a small amount of 36-ton to deliver a crisp middle-to-tip action.
- Incorporates American Tackle™ Microwave Stripping Guides.
- Precise engineering of the carbon mat lay-up produces a double-helical hoop pattern in the carbon fiber, and leaving this intact adds strength to the blank, while making the rod lighter, more durable, and provides enhanced performance.
- Natural finish blanks, clear matte varnish, and transparent thread coatings let our careful workmanship shine through.
- Angler-friendly touches including alignment dots to quickly line-up your fly rod sections and self-indexing reel seats, with a small diamante ‘marker’ to quickly get your reel on the rod.
- Cordura® rod tube with matching rod sleeve*
Spectre® RMX Fly Rod 8'6" #5wt
The perfect small river or brook rod, but equally suitable for small stillwaters, where a slightly softer action allows a more delicate presentation, when seeking 'spooky' fish.
Spectre® RMX Fly Rods 9' #5wt & 9' #6wt
Ideal for rivers and small stillwaters where a slightly faster action and additional power is required for longer distance casting.
Spectre® RMX Fly Rods 9'6" #7wt & 10' #7wt
The ever popular rod of choice for large rivers, stillwaters and reservoirs. Both models have a massive reserve of power, allowing those extra few yards to reach the fish previously just out of range.
Spectre® RMX Fly Rods 10' #5wt & 10' #6wt
Two 'Loch Style' rods, the smaller rods being ideal for lighter line fishing, particularly dry-fly and top of the water styles, while the #6 model is designed for more general loch style fishing for Brown Trout and Rainbow, where a more powerful rod is required.
Spectre® Saltwater/Predator RMX Fly Rod 9' #8wt
With the ever increasing popularity of Saltwater, carp and pike fly fishing we have included a Saltwater Predator model to the Spectre range. This is not just the standard rod with a different logo! Purpose-designed for the requirements of these fly fishing disciplines, the blanks have steeper tapers and thicker wall profiles to handle the larger, more powerful fish likely to be encountered. Brushed aluminum finish reel seat and high chrome guides, make the Spectre SP stand out from crowd!
*Reel and line not included.