Because strong winds are a common occurrence on lakes, the fast-action construction of this rod utilizes tri-modulus carbon blanks that are light and crisp in nature, while still capable of storing excess power in the butt section for longer casts. This allows the rod to power through wind but also maintain a delicate presentation should waters stay calm. By pairing these versatile blanks with oversized SIC lined stripper rings and high-lift snake guides, accuracy and line control, even in wind, is unparalleled.
The blanks are finished in a unique lustrous olive-green coating for a stealthy, yet elegant look while the brushed aluminum reel seat featuring an olive-green burl wood insert complements the blanks nicely. Combine this with Denny Rickard’s golden signature embossed onto the rod itself and you have a fly rod with timeless appeal, and performance to match.
The Denny Rickards Signature Series Stillwater Fly Rod retails for $349 and is available as a 9’0” 6wt, 4-piece rod. Comes with signature embossed rod sleeve and matching embroidered Cordura rod tube.
- 9’0” 6WT
- 4–Piece Lustrous Olive-Green Tri-Modulus Carbon Technology Blanks
- Rod Weight 3.9oz
- Extra Large SIC Lined Stripping Guides + High-Lift Snake Guides for a Smoother Presentation
- High-Quality Half Wells Cork Grip
- Burl Wood Reel Seat Insert
- Lightweight, Up-Locking, Anodized Diamond Design Reel Seat
- Reinforced Fern-Green Cordura Rod Tube Embossed with Denny Rickards Signature + Matching Fern-Green Fly Rod Bag
- Snowbee Original Purchaser Lifetime Guarantee
I used my new rod for the first time yesterday. I found it to be a great rod. The flex of the rod fits my casting perfectly. I was able to easily cast through a 10-15 knot wind. The half wells grip is very comfortable for my hand. Overall, I will be using this rod as my regular go to rod for my stillwater fishing.