Spectre® RMX Fly Rods
- Unit Price
The amazing Spectre® RMX fly rods incorporates the very latest American Tackle Microwave stripper guides for the ultimate line control performance.
Snowbee was the first UK company to incorporate American Tackle's Microwave Guide system into a range of spinning rods back in 2014. The resulting line control was nothing short of spectacular... and got us thinking whether the same technology could be applied to fly rods. Having worked closely with American Tackle since those early days, the new Microwave Fly Rod Guides were finally launched in 2019.
*Reel and line not included.
– 4-Piece Rod
– The fine profile blanks use predominately 40-ton carbon fiber, blended with a small amount of 36-ton to deliver a crisp middle-to-tip action
– Incorporates American Tackle™ Microwave Stripping Guides
– Precise engineering of the carbon mat lay-up producing a double-helical hoop pattern in the carbon fiber, and leaving this intact adds strength to the blank, while making the rod lighter, more durable, and provides enhanced performance
– Natural finish blanks, clear matte varnish, and transparent thread coatings let our careful workmanship shine through
– Alignment dots to quickly line-up your fly rod sections and self-indexing reel seats, with a small diamante ‘marker’ to quickly get your reel on the rod
– Polyester rod tube with matching rod sleeve
To ensure this precise blank design is not altered in any way, we use an “un-ground,” natural finish. Precise engineering of the carbon matte lay-up produces a double-helical hoop pattern in the carbon fiber and leaving this intact adds strength to the blank while making the rod lighter, more durable, and provides enhanced performance.
The modern action and performance are matched by the contemporary finish. Compare a Spectre rod next to the other brands and you’ll notice we have nothing to hide! We don’t cover up any blank blemishes with coats of paint and we don’t use opaque epoxy to mask sloppy guide whippings! We use natural fishing blanks, clear matt varnish, and transparent thread coatings that let our careful workmanship shine through.
The clear matte varnish allows the beauty of the carbon fiber pattern to show through, while the matte finish eliminates “rod flash” in bright conditions. Matching self-color whippings and the latest “soft-touch” rubber coated reel seats complete the understated look, but these new-look rods are bound to turn heads! Make no mistake, the Spectre® fly rods are designed to catch fish, not fishermen... although their entire look is bound to appeal to the serious fly fisher, looking for every advantage over his or her quarry, without having to spend a fortune or worrying about “shelf appeal.”
Built with stainless steel guides with a super-hard titanium coating which provides less line friction through the rings. In this latest pattern, oversized stripper guides have a new leg design, which provides better support and helps channel the fly line more smoothly through the ring. The high-grade zirconium ring liners reduce friction to the minimum, while the snake guides are high-lift, American pattern, with oversize hayfork tip rings, to maximize line speed.
The Spectre® rods also feature angler-friendly touches like alignment dots to quickly line-up your fly rod sections and self-indexing reel seats, with small diamante “marker” to quickly get your reel on the rod, allowing you to concentrate on the fishing.